[Python-Dev] PEP 328 -- relative and multi-line import

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Tue Mar 30 18:35:35 EST 2004

> > I'm working on producing an edit, but if you just want to Pronounce,
> > that's fine with me.  There hasn't been a lot of emotion attached, and
> > nobody has gotten seriously annoyed with the multiple dot idea.
>
> Consider it Pronounced.

I guess going grocery shopping removed my voice in this area *wink*.

There was a thread on an a VMS-style relative package option that used
negative integers for a relative imports.  The thread with this line of
thought starts with Stephen Horne's post here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl3068059620d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&safe=off&selm=ra4q401p3ld92uthl6l34u8vfqq39567n0%404ax.com

I personally like that it is concise for deeply nested relative imports,
and doesn't require counting of dots.  We didn't really get any 'elder
developers' to comment on that syntax.

 - Josiah