[Python-Dev] Re: Timing for Py2.4

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 03:00:06 EST 2004

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Of course it won't. You need VC7.1, which comes as part of
> Visual Studio .NET 2003.

[...]

> I doubt it could work, in the general case. VC7 uses msvcr7.dll, whereas
> VC7.1 uses msvcr71.dll. Mixing different versions of the C runtime is
> not supported by Microsoft.

Ah. I'd missed the ".1". So there is no free version of the compiler
used to build the official Python Windows distribution. In that case,
I agree - there's no way this could work (at least, other than by
unsupported mixing of runtimes, which may work by accident :-)).

Thanks for pointing this out,
Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank