[Python-Dev] distutils problem: /usr/lib64/python2.3 on x86_64

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Wed May 5 20:44:19 EDT 2004

I just tried to build wxPython on x86_64 (athlon64) on Fedora core3 test 3.
It didn't work.

It looks like python is a 64-bit exec on this platform, and there
is /usr/lib64/python2.3/ with what looks like the usual stuff.  There is
also a /usr/lib/python2.3, with not much in it, but I guess if you install
a 32-bit python it would go there.

Anyway, distutils/sysconfig.py
def get_python_lib(...
      if os.name == "posix":
        libpython = os.path.join(prefix,
                                 "lib", "python" + get_python_version())

This is wrong, and it doesn't seem to give me anyway to overide the choice.
Is there a fix?