[Python-Dev] Applying the PSF license to the config-py project

Dan Gass dmgass at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 10:22:19 EDT 2004

I've gotten negative feedback on my use of the GPL on this project,
especially since I hope to get this module into the python core.

I am going to make another release soon with some minor (backward
compatible) improvements and would like to change the license to the PSF.  I
cannot find good definitive documentation on how to use this license in this
situation.  What text do I need to place or reference in my code?  If
someone could direct me to that documentation (if it exists) I would very
much appreciate it.

BTW, feedback on this project has been positive but slow.  There have been
55 downloads in the 8 days it has been out there.
http://config-py.sourceforge.net/.  For better/worse I'm hoping to hear from
the Zope/ZConfig guys :-)

Thanks,
Dan Gass