[Python-Dev] cookielib module in 2.4?

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Thu May 13 14:36:56 EDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 18:40, John J Lee wrote:
> > I have a module that I'd like to get included in Python 2.4.  It adds
> > transparent HTTP cookie handling to urllib2
>
> Although I haven't looked at your code, I think the functionality would
> be a good addition to Python.  Brett's right though, it needs (Python
> style) documentation and unit tests.

There are unit tests aplenty, and LaTeX docs are on the way.

> I wonder if it makes sense to combine the functionality of Cookie.py and
> cookielib.py?  Perhaps not, but at the very least I'd like to see

Not. :-)

There is little overlap between the two modules, and it would probably
complicate cookielib to combine it with Cookie (and might possibly make my
brain explode).

> something like this integrated into the eventual output of the web-sig
> (probably not for 2.4).

The web-sig list has been dead for some time.  I haven't seen any
client-side output from web-sig, other than my own work on a Browser
class.  Haven't seen any server-side output about which there's any
consensus, either, come to that.

John