[Python-Dev] Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 - BUG FIX

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon May 17 09:21:32 EDT 2004

(Rerouting to python-dev...)

    Jeff> When a tar, gzipped tar, or bzip2'd tar contains a .spec file, you're
    Jeff> supposed to be able to build it into a binary RPM with
    Jeff>     rpmbuild -ta <tarball>
    Jeff> Unfortunately, with the spec file in this tarball, I get an error:
    Jeff>     $ rpmbuild -ta Python-2.3.4c1.tar.bz2
    Jeff>     error: %changelog not in descending chronological order

I checked in the "obvious correct fix" to the spec file on CVS HEAD.  I
can't test it though, not having convenient access to a RedHat-ish system
these days.  I'll leave it for Anthony or one of the other 2.3.4 release
folks to backport it for the 2.3.4 release since that branch is closed.
(The first date should have a year of 2004.)

Skip