[Python-Dev] Bugfix cycle

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue May 18 16:08:29 EDT 2004

> Anthony Baxter wrote:
>>
>>Starting with the next (2.3.5/2.4.1) releases, I plan on sending out
>>a 1 month warning to python-list/python-dev, so that people that care
>>can make sure their pet bug fix is checked in and done before the
>>release. I'm really not interested in trying to slot in last minute
>>changes that may, or may not, break the release.

Cool!  That'll make some people happier.  I'm tempted to suggest adding
c.l.py.announce, but on second thought, anyone who's not paying
reasonably close attention to at least one of python-list/python-dev
probably doesn't have enough attention to properly champion a patch for
a bugfix release.

Adopt A Process -- stop killing all your children!