[Python-Dev] LC_NUMERIC, gtk and Patch 774665

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Thu May 20 12:52:47 EDT 2004

A Qui, 2004-05-20 às 01:22, Nick Coghlan escreveu:
> A problem was recently reported on wxPython-dev that smells strongly of
> this issue with GTK changing the LC_NUMERIC locale to something other
> than 'C' causing subsequent severe problems in the handling of floats by
> the Python interpreter.
>
> I went looking for Christian's proposed PEP (to make Python more locale
> agnostic when it comes to LC_NUMERIC), and didn't find it listed in PEP
> 0. The last activity on Gustavo's patch was in December 2003, and the
> last comment in September.
>
> What's the current state of this?

  AFAICT, there was interest in including this patch even without a full
PEP.  Christian is currently on vacation.  There is a unoficial PEP
draft at http://www.async.com.br/~kiko/pep-numeric.txt

  I stopped working on the patch because there was nothing more to do.
But I'm willing to do some more effort as necessary to include this in
Python 2.4.

  Best regards.

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro