[Python-Dev] Re: Patch for long-standing bug in socket module

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed May 26 12:13:25 EDT 2004

news:200405260431.i4Q4V32m195543 at boa.lbl.gov...

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=728330&group_id=5470&atid=105470

> My hope was that this fix will make it into Python 2.3.4 final\\

As AB explained, that was already too late.

> Python as distributed is near useless under SGI's IRIX because
> the socket module doesn't compile. My patch fixes this problem.
> The danger of introducing undesirable side effects is minimal
> because all changed are surrounded by very specific #ifdef's.
> I've tested the patch under three different OS levels with
> three different compiler versions.

Perhaps you can make available the 2.3.4 source with this patch and/or your
set of IRIX binaries (with the usual no-guarantee license).  Then ask for a
listing on http://www.python.org/download/download_other.html

Terry J. Reedy