[Python-Dev] pre-announcing 2.4

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu May 27 08:18:20 EDT 2004

Chermside, Michael wrote:
> I'd propose one change. Weaken the above statement. People will
> take that to mean that THEIR fix will be accepted ANYWHERE in
> the release process (including the day before the release). I'd
> suggest something more like this:
>
>   Fixes are welcomed up through the alpha release, but as we
>   get closer to the release date we will be less and less
>   likely to accept patches that change behavior.

Good point, although this hides the point about the first beta
being the cut-off point for behaviour changes. How about

     Fixes are welcome through the release cycle, although after
     the first beta fixes that result in a change to behaviour
     will be much less likely to be accepted.

Once I have this message nailed down, I'll produce a similar
one for the bug fix releases.