[Python-Dev] Re: Hello

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu May 27 11:48:10 EDT 2004

[Samuele Pedroni]
> well one no fun part is that you can get failure delivery messages from
> the ultimate destination (either because of an invalid address, or some
> antivirus/spam software that believes that the From is the relevant
> source) to the forged from.

Oh yes.  In fact, by far the biggest chunk of my junk email now is bounces
from email forged to appear to have come from a python.org alias I'm on
(webmaster at python.org and help at python.org are especially popular forgeries).

Luckily, my spambayes classifier weeds almost all of those out.  However,
because there's such variety in bounce messages, they account for almost all
of my Unsures.