FW: [Python-Dev] Standard Library Tour Part II

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu May 27 12:43:50 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 08:29 pm, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
 > The current library tour in the tutorial is stored at:
 > http://docs.python.org/tut/node12.html
 >
 > Each of the chapters is consecutively numbered, so if a new chapter is
 > inserted, hard links to a section of the documentation will break.

Pages named "node###.html" have never been considered to have stable names.
Such links should always be to the specific version of the Python
documentation, not to the magical "current" directory.

 > Is there away to have the nodes named rather than numbered.  Aahz likes
 > to point directly at the floating point Appendix and is mess up his day
 > when I add to the tutorial.

Yes, but it's far from "clean."  I'll try to take a look at it tonight.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation