[Python-Dev] Contribution Licensing Agreement?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 28 02:39:16 EDT 2004

John J Lee wrote:
> I remember from a year or so ago that the various PSF licensing agreements
> were not finalised, but Guido said contributors should still sign them in
> their draft form.  Have things moved on at all since then?  I recall that
> Guido said legal ditherings had been going on for a year or so even back
> then.  cookielib is a derived work of libwww-perl, so I guess I need to
> get Gisle Aas (libwww-perl's author) to sign something if it is to be part
> of 2.4, right?

Most likely, no. Things are still proceeding at a very low pace, and the
papers that have originally been drafted are likely obsolete.

At the moment, an acknowledgement of the author that he agrees to
distribution of the code together with Python, and under the Python
licensing conditions, is ok. Once we have agreed on the papers that
we want to use, we will go back to contributors and ask them to sign
the papers.

Regards,
Martin