[Python-Dev] Standard Library Tour Part II

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Sun May 30 23:44:11 EDT 2004

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> [??? Should the tempfile module be in the tour ???]

I would say yes - it shouldn't be that hard to explain, and is far
better than creating your own method of making temporary files.

The two most likely traps it avoids are problems with access permissions
on the current directory, as well as problems with the temporary files
conflicting when multiple versions of your Python program are run
simultaneously (I probably *would* have been burnt by those at some
point, but found tempfile first)

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268