[Python-Dev] anonymous cvs checkout

Edward Loper edloper at gradient.cis.upenn.edu
Mon May 31 20:51:16 EDT 2004

I'm having trouble checking out an anonymous copy of the Python CVS
repository.  I tried the instructions from both the developer FAQ and
the SF CVS page; and tried checking it out from debian, win2k, and OS X.
  In all cases, I get an error that looks something like this:

     cvs server: cannot read file in mydbm_load_file: Input/output error
     cvs checkout: in directory .:
     cvs [checkout aborted]: *PANIC* administration files missing

A google search for "mydbm_load_file" didn't turn up anything useful.
Anyone have an idea what's going wrong?  Thanks!

-Edward

(Here's a copy-paste of my shell session from debian, in case I'm doing
something stupid:)