[Python-Dev] Re: [development doc updates]

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Nov 11 05:42:06 CET 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 04:37 pm, Richard Brodie wrote:
 > It seems to me that:
 >
 > .realtable th {text-align: inherit} is more specific than
 > .center {text-align: center} ,
 >
 > so the second rule needs strengthening.

Bingo!  I need the second rule in its simple form elsewhere, but I can
actually remove the first completely since I set the alignment-controlling
class for all cells in a .realtable.

The first of those rules was added while I was trying to make <col> useful for
column layout, but browsers haven't implemented that sufficiently to do so
yet.

I've tested the fix with my browsers and committed to CVS; an updated version
of the documentation should be online later this evening.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>