[Python-Dev] proposal+patch: sys.gettickeraccumulation()

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:22:55 CET 2004

Nick Bastin wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2004, at 5:44 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> I've also discovered that the profiler documentation in Python 2.4 still
>> describes the old behaviour (i.e. C-code time getting charged to the
>> calling Python function). (I'll put a bug report on SF for that one)
>

> Doh, I thought I'd found all of the places in the doc that needed to be
> corrected.  If you file an SF bug, or just let me know where, I'll fix
> the documentation to reflect the current state of things.

The bug report is on SF as of last night. . . *checks browser history
for the number*. . . it's bug #1066607.

Section 10.6 is the one on Limitations. Also, the front page of the
hotshot documentation could probably use a warning that the actual
profile module copes with C extensions better than hotshot does (I think
hotshot still has the old "C time goes to the calling Python function"
behaviour - I haven't checked that recently, though)

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan               |     Brisbane, Australia
Email: ncoghlan at email.com  | Mobile: +61 409 573 268