[Python-Dev] Deprecate PyRange_New()

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Thu Nov 18 18:36:27 CET 2004

> > Given that it is undocumented, broken, and recent, would it be over
the
> > top to just remove it from Py2.4?
>
> Given that 2.4 is (or nearly is) a release candidate, do you even need
> to ask that? :)

Yes ;-)  The code is buggy and undocumented.  Fixing bugs and adding
documentation are appropriate after the beta and before the release
candidate.

However, in this case, a complete bugfix would also entail a change in
the signature.  And since the function is unnecessary, removing it
entirely is a safer fix.  Leaving it in only increases the risk that
someone will find it and link to it.

OTOH, I don't care enough about this one to push it.

Raymond