[Python-Dev] Python 2.4, MS .NET 1.1 and distutils

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Nov 26 17:52:23 CET 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 22:37, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> I think this would be a good patch candidate for 2.4.1 - not
> sure whether it's important enough to squeeze something into
> 2.4c2.

I don't think it's important enough for 2.4c2/2.4 final, but I'd be
happy to see this in 2.4.1.

An update: as far as I know, we're still without a fix for the problem
Tim identified last week - he seemed to think that it wasn't dangerous
enough that we'd need a 2.4c2. I don't know of any other reasons
that we'd want a c2, so I'll probably go with the final release next,
unless someone has a strong reason not to do so.

I'm not sure whether the bug Tim identified is bad enough to hold
up 2.4 final for - as far as I recall (I've just switched mailers, and
haven't imported my old mail folders yet) it was a function that
no-one was using...

Anthony