[Python-Dev] ConfigParser patches

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 01:22:57 CEST 2004

> My thinking on the XML idea is that people do write apps where the whole thing
> is behind a GUI and thus XML makes good sense.  So why not make there lives a
> little easier by giving them a basic API?

People who want to use XML already have all the rope they need. I
would be in for adding something like my simplified XML handling class
to the library, but I first have to lobby my employer to open-source
it (not a problem, I just have to time the request right so it won't
be in 2.4). Anyway, this needn't and shouldn't be specific to the
problem of storing option values.

> OK, so how do people want to proceeed with this?  PEP?  Shootout?

I'm all for working code in this case, so let's do a shootout.