[Python-Dev] ConfigParser patches

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 02:45:54 CEST 2004

> Though ill timed, the -m idea is honking good.  If it can be reliably
> worked out in its simplest form (not trying to be all things to all
> packages), it's worth going ahead for Py2.4.  Command line guys like me
> need this every day.  His patch will address a continual source of
> irritation and make the tool more pleasant to use.

I was in fact thinking of the -m proposal when I wrote that...

It's so easy to define an alias or use a one-line shell script for
invoking Python with a full pathname that I'm really not sure I like
the -m idea, and I worry that it would be done the wrong way because
it's so close to beta. Half the time the problem is getting the path
set in the first place, and there -m doesn't help you. Supporting it
with packages seems insanity.