[Python-Dev] About the Wise installer on Windows

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Oct 13 20:12:33 CEST 2004

Alexandre Parenteau <aparente at adobe.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Again forgive me if the answer is somewhere, but I could not find it.
>
> I am looking for a way to build and make an installer out of Python on
> a Win x86_64 platform which is not supported yet by the Python team.
>
> My plan is to compile Python for this platform (several developers on
> the list told me it should be straightforward), and make an installer
> out of the Python binaries in order to be able to distribute the
> Python binaries internally.
>
> I downloaded the evaluation copy of Wise Installer System 9, but it
> complains that the installer file (which I assume is
> PCBuild\Python20.wse) is corrupted.
>
> I need to establish exactly the version of the installer to use, if we
> need to acquire a license for the Wise installer.

Wise Installation System 9.0 - standard edition is what is used to build
the Python 2.3 installers.

The problem that you see has the usual cause - the PCBuild\Python20.wse
file in the Python-2.3.4.tgz file, downloaded from Python.org, has unix
line endings instead of dos line endings.  You should convert them

Thomas