[Python-Dev] Supporting packages on the command line

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Oct 14 23:16:33 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 16:38, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> While I wrote a patch to enable it (#1043356 - it uses the simple
> C-level strategy of  'try to locate at the top level, if that doesn't
> work, hand it over to the Python version'), we seemed to be too close to
> the beta to push for inclusion this time around. Add in the fact that I
> was about to be moving back to Brisbane after being Oregon for three
> months. . . (I'm back in Brisbane now, though)

Well, you're practically next door to Anthony (at least, compared to
some of us), so I suggest you hop on down there on Friday, buy Anthony a
beer or ten as a friendly convincer for slipping this into beta 1.  To
seal the deal, you can even offer to help (or threaten to harass) him
while he makes the release.  A win all around!

-Barry