[Python-Dev] Minor cookielib changes for 2.4b1

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Fri Oct 15 19:44:18 CEST 2004

> John J Lee wrote:
> > The patch contains uncontroversial changes to cookielib and
associated
> > modules, documentation and tests. Would be unfortunate not to have
these
> > in 2.4.0.

[Martin]
> What precisely makes these changes uncontroversial? The fact that no
> controversion has been developed?

I've looked over the patch and think most of it should wait until Py2.5.
Refactorings of this magnitude should be done early in the development
cycle to allow time to discover and fix issues if something gets mucked
up.

A couple of the doc changes should probably go in for Py2.4b2 (a note on
thread safety and an example of how to display debugging information).
If no one objects, I'll put those in after the beta.  Also there is a
minor readability fix (using escape sequences) for the test suite that
is reasonable for Py2.4.

Raymond