[Python-Dev] Adding a developer

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed Oct 20 17:14:50 CEST 2004

> Could someone please add Lars Gustaebel (SF ID "gustaebel") as a
> developer?  He's responsible for writing and maintaining tarfile.py,
> but his bugfixes usually sit around in the tracker until someone gets
> around to looking at them, which is inefficient.

Have him assign the patches to me.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to keep adding developers who do only a
handful of checkins and disappear.  This is doubly true if they are not
active on python-dev, have not asked for access, and have not made some
commitment to stay around for maintenance.

Raymond