[Python-Dev] What are the goals for ConfigParser 3000?

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:14:51 CEST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:18:13 +0100, David Wilson
<dw-python.org at botanicus.net> wrote:
> I think it raised a point though - there were a few wildly different
> ideas about what ConfigParser's replacement should be. Would it be wise
> to discuss first what ConfigParser is *supposed* to be, and where it
> fits in peoples' applications?
>
> If this hits a chord with you, pump your reply button and discuss!

Skip Montanaro has proposed the creation of a ConfigParserShootout
page on the Wiki. Shouldn't this discussion be moved there?

BTW I have my own ideas on the topic... and I'm willing to put them
there on the Wiki,  if that's the way to go.

And as far as the rest of David's comments -- I agree, let's keep it
simple, and move all data processing stuff out of the library.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com