[Python-Dev] Patches

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 21 12:58:57 CEST 2004

Carlos Ribeiro wrote:

> So... if the RFC states that it should run over telnet, then standard
> implementations should do it. But, according to Martin's proposed
> rules -- which I entirely agree with -- my vote still doesn't count,
> as I haven't reviewed any patch yet; so please take it only as a
> general opinion on the subject.

Martin's rules are a bargain where reviewing a certain number of
existing patches will get him to have a look at a particular patch you'd
like him to review (I'd guess it doesn't even have to be one you wrote -
just one you'd like someone with commit access to consider).

Your opinion on patches definitely counts even if you haven't made it to
Martin's magic number - otherwise his bargain wouldn't make much sense!

Cheers,
Nick.