[Python-Dev] Adding a developer

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Oct 22 19:53:37 CEST 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 02:29 pm, Lars Gustäbel wrote:
 > If it were common Python development policy to add a contributor to the
 > developers list for further maintenance of his module, I would be
 > delighted to step in. But I don't think this is currently the case.

I think there are lots of people on python-dev who aren't listed as developers
on SourceForge.  I, for one, have no problem with contributors being on this
list.  I also don't recall hearing any objections from others.

 > BTW, The "Open issues" section of PEP #2 proposes a practice for module
 > maintenance. It's about having a list of module maintainers that are
 > notified each time there are issues with their module. Maybe there needs
 > to be a more general discussion on this whole topic.

Perhaps.

I think setting up a category for related bugs/patches, adding you to the
project on SF, and having such tracker entries automatically assigned to you
(on the basis of category) would pretty much take care of this.

Martin expressed some reservation about having different people on the project
have different permissions, which I'd be more concerned about if it were a
matter of denying you a permission you wanted or needed.  Given that you
specifically prefer not to have commit privs, I don't have a problem with
your permissions being set up that way.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>