[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Python compile.c, 2.330, 2.331

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 25 13:12:43 CEST 2004

Guido van Rossum <gvanrossum at gmail.com> writes:

> Haven't seen the bug report, but you do realize that comparing code
> objects has other applications, and this pretty much kills that.

Really?  It certainly seemed to me that two code objects from
different places in the source ought to compare differently... it also
lead to a real problem (coalescing them in co_consts).  I'm genuinely
curious as to what other applications comparing code objects might
have.

Cheers,
mwh
(This was my patch that I didn't get around to applying myself).

--
  In short, just business as usual in the wacky world of floating
  point <wink>.                        -- Tim Peters, comp.lang.python