[Python-Dev] TRUNK UNFROZEN (release is done)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Oct 25 23:18:32 CEST 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> The first beta is out, so the trunk is unfrozen, and available for
> checkins.
>
> Now that we're in beta, we shouldn't see any new features or behaviour
> changing fixes going into the trunk, unless it's been seen and agreed
> to on python-dev.

Why not create a release branch?  That would free up the trunk for new work
and reduce the chance of new features creeping in.

I realize this is discussed briefly in PEP 101, but that PEP doesn't
give a rational for waiting until the final release to make a release branch.
It makes more sense to me to make the branch when features are frozen,
which means the beta.

Jim