[Python-Dev] TRUNK UNFROZEN (release is done)

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Oct 27 03:07:04 CEST 2004

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Don't worry, we won't need overly elaborate processes <wink> to keep
> this under control.  Anthony's enough of a hard-ass to strongly
> discourage new features by public humiliation and intimidation.

I prefer to think of it as a campaign of education and mockery,
in relevant proportions.

As far as the original point (branching at the beta point, rather
than post-final-release) - I've seen little demand for making
this happen, and it increases both the workload and (much more
importantly) the chance for a visit from Mr Cockup. But it's
something we could do now if there's a real groundswell of
people who want to get stuff into the trunk for 2.5 that extra
month early <wink>.

I'm also planning for more frequent releases during the
beta cycle, so if all things go perfectly, I anticipate
something like:

beta2: Wednesday, November 3rd
RC1: Wednesday, November 18th
final: Tuesday, November 30th

Obviously this is also dependent on Martin and Fred's time,
nd any other feedback people have to offer. I think this is
a realistic schedule...

Anthony