[Python-Dev] Re: Install-on-first-use vs. optional extensions

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 00:03:28 CEST 2004

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Moore, Paul wrote:
>> With option (3), what happens if you run "launcher -console" from a
>> command prompt? Does it produce output in the same console window,
>> or does it launch a new console?
>
> That was a problem originally, which I have now fixed into
>
> (3') Install two binaries, extpy.exe, and extpyw.exe.
>
> With that approach, what do you think?

I tend to agree with Tim - I'm not at all sure what "install-on-first-
use" is doing, and I don't think I care. All I care about are being
able to *not* install the extensions (for alpha/beta releases) and
being able *to* install them (for final releases). I don't have any
problem that this feature could solve, so I don't have a valid reason
to have an opinion...

Paul.
--
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's
unfamiliar territory -- Paul Fix