[Python-Dev] Python/PSF at SANE 2004 - Announcement and a request for help

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Sep 16 21:48:09 CEST 2004

At this years' SANE conference (System Administration and Networking
Europe, www.sane.nl) in Amsterdam there will be a Free and Open Source
Bazar on wednesday evening, september 29, from 18.30 until 22.00. The
bazar will be open to the general public (i.e. free as in beer), and
about 20 FOSS groups will be present. In addition, Richard Stallman
will present a talk.

Among the groups present is, you guessed it, the Python Software
Foundation. And the person who volunteered for this is, you guessed it,
me. The intention is to provide visitors with information on both the
Python language and the PSF. The setting is informal: there will be a
tabletop and a backdrop we can use to put material up. In addition
there are rooms available to hold BOF sessions.

That concludes the announcement bit, on to the request bit: I'm looking
for people who'd be willing to join me in manning the stand. And,
ideally, also with preparing some material to put up on the backdrop
and/or demonstrations we could stage (I can supply the computer,
provided it's a Macintosh:-) But if you'd just like to loiter at the
stand to tell people how wonderful Python is that's also very welcome.

Please let me know if you're willing to help,
Goldman