[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Aug 2 18:06:20 CEST 2005

[Raymond Hettinger]

> >    http://www.venge.net/monotone/

> The current release is 0.21 which suggests that it is not ready for
> primetime.

It suggests it, yes, and to me as well.  On the other hand, there is
a common prejudice that something requires many releases, or frequent
releases, to be qualified as good.  While it might be true on average,
this is not necessarily true: some packages need not so many steps for
becoming very usable, mature or stable.  (Note that I'm not asserting
anything about Monotone, here.)  We should merely keep an open mind.

François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca