[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Aug 7 16:34:43 CEST 2005

I have placed a new version of the PEP on

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0347.html

Changes to the previous version include:

- add more rationale for using svn (atomic changesets,
  fast tags and branches)

- changed conversion procedure to a single repository, with
  some reorganization. See

  http://www.dcl.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/pysvn/

  My proposal is that the repository is called

  http://svn.python.org/projects

- add discussion section (Nick Bastin's proposal of hosting
  a Perforce repository, single vs. multiple repositories,
  user authentication, admin overhead and alternative hosters)

- require python-cvsroot to be preserved forever.

Please let me know what else I should change in the PEP.

Regards,
Martin