[Python-Dev] Exception Reorg PEP revised yet again

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:32:49 CEST 2005

version 1.7 scales the proposal back once more
(http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0348.html).  At this point the only
changes to the hierarchy are the addition of BaseException and
TerminatingException, and the change of inheritnace for
KeyboardInterrupt, SystemExit, and NotImplementedError.  At this point
I don't think MAL or Raymond will have any major complaints.  =)

Assuming no one throws a fit over this version, discussing transition
is the next step.  I think the transition plan is fine, but if anyone
has any specific input that would be great.  I could probably stand to
do a more specific timeline in terms of 2.x, 2.x+1, 3.0-1, etc., but
that will have to wait for another day this week.

And once that is settled I guess it is either time for pronouncement
or it just sits there until Python 3.0 actually starts to come upon
us.

-Brett