[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

Charles Cazabon python at discworld.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 10 17:03:14 CEST 2005

Guido van Rossum <gvanrossum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm intrigued by Linus Torvald's preference for extremely distributed
> source control, but I have no experience and it seems a bit, um,
> experimental.

"git", which is Linus' home-grown replacement for BitKeeper, quickly attracted
a development community and has grown into a reasonably full-featured
distributed RCS.  It is apparently already stable enough for serious use.
If I was trying to pick an RCS for a large, distributed project, I would at
least investigate it as a possibility.

Charles