[Python-Dev] Fwd: Distributed RCS

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Aug 14 18:16:11 CEST 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Granted.  What is the cost of waiting a bit longer to see if it (or
> something else) gets more usable and would hit the mark better than svn?  I
> presume that once we switch away from cvs to something else, it's unlikely
> we would switch again unless some huge roadblock appeared that made the
> initial change the wrong one.

It depends on what "a bit" is. Waiting a month would be fine; waiting
two years might be pointless.

So I think I will personally pursue PEP 347 (switching to SVN); it will
be then an issue of BDFL pronouncement.


More information about the Python-Dev mailing list