[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:52:09 CEST 2005

[Martin v. Löwis]
> Ah, ok. Of course, Barry can only speak about the current availability
> of volunteers, which is quite good (especially since amk took over
> coordinating them), nobody can predict the future (the time machine
> apparently only works one-way). So I guess the concern stays, and,
> more objectively, this is a risk for the project (but so is any
> specific commercial offering).

I'm not really worried about it.  Sounds like ongoing pain is pretty
much limited to keeping committer accounts/credentials up to date, and
that normal good backup procedures will deal with filesystem-SVN state
as a matter of course.

If there's one thing sysadmins love to do, it's fiddling with user
accounts and credentials -- if _anyone_ volunteers to work on
python.org, they'll be eager to lord this power over us <wink>.

If not, that's fine too.  The PSF has the funds and the mission to pay
for infrastructure support; I'd just _rather_ spend PSF funds on "more
glamorous" stuff (like grants and conferences).