[Python-Dev] ElementTree in stdlib

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Dec 13 01:44:37 CET 2005

I'm not so surprised that Fredrik chose to bypass XML-SIG. There
doesn't seem to be a lot of decision power there -- in fact it feels a
bit dead, with a weird mix of too-high-level discussions that don't go
anywhere, plus basic beginner's Q+A.

Also, it would seem that /F's ElementTree doesn't need much vetting --
it seems well established and well-known in the XML-SIG (it was listed
in all the overviews of APIs).

Finally, compared offerings based on e.g. 4thought (sp.?), ElementTree
feels much more practical and hence, might I say it, "pythonic".

--Guido