[Python-Dev] ElementTree in stdlib

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Dec 13 03:21:06 CET 2005

At 06:19 PM 12/12/2005 -0700, Mike Brown wrote:
>Some authors of other libs may not even be aware that they could so
>easily have their code whisked into stdlib, if it's solid enough.

But here the definition of "solid enough" includes such credits as being
written by the primary author of CPython's implementations of Unicode and
regular expressions, and who can be reasonably be believed to be around to
support and maintain the package for some time.  I don't know who the "some
authors" you mention are, but those are pretty tough credentials to match,
as are the apparent popularity, Pythonicness, and performance of ElementTree.

I find it rather hard to believe that there's another XML library that
could have gotten through the approval process anywhere near as easily.