[Python-Dev] PEP 8 updates/clarifications

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Dec 15 05:41:25 CET 2005

On 12/14/05, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 11:13 +1100, Dave Cole wrote:
>
> > The only thing I strongly disagree with is the promotion of javaNaming
> > to equal footing with python_naming.
>
> Actually, they're not on equal footing atm.  I happen to agree with you
> though.

It doesn't matter. Many large projects are adopting the camelCase
convention, either by choice or by accident. I did a brief review of
Zope 3 and Chandler, and while neither is consistent, camelCase
prevails (Chandler also has a lot of CapWords method names, wihch
suggests they didn't get this from Java -- maybe from C++?).