[Python-Dev] status of development documentation

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Dec 22 06:17:30 CET 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>>Maybe it's just because I came in late on this thread, but what exactly
>>is broken about the current LaTeX documentation?
>

> Checked the python-list archives lately?  If you google c.l.python for the
> word "documentation", you'll find recent megathreads with subjects like
> "bitching about the documentation", "opensource documentation problems"
> and "python documentation should be better" among the top hits.  But if
> you check the bug and patch trackers, you don't find many contributions.
> Something's definitely broken.

This is somewhat tangential to this discussion, but I did have the
Python documentation in mind as a potential future target for
Commentary: http://pythonpaste.org/comment/commentary/ -- which would
allow more casual contributions that seem to work well for other projects.

--
Ian Bicking  |  ianb at colorstudy.com  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org