[Python-Dev] LaTeX and Python doc contributions

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Dec 22 17:44:42 CET 2005

Just a quick note based on some of the discussion on the Doc-SIG list:

Some people are getting asked to convert their documentation contributions to
LaTeX themselves, and that *is* a barrier to contribution.  I've generally
stated that I'm willing to perform conversion, making plain text / ReST
completely acceptable for documentation contributions.  Others have commonly
converted plain text to LaTeX as well.

I'd like to make sure that Python committers know that this is reasonable; if
the only thing holding a contribution back is LaTeXification of
documentation, feel free to assign it to me for conversion.  I do not want
LaTeX itself to cause us to lose documentation contributions; the hard part
for documentation really is getting good content.  Hard workers shouldn't be
turned away.  :-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>