[Python-Dev] status of development documentation

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 03:48:55 CET 2005

On 12/23/05, Neal Norwitz <nnorwitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/23/05, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > So for at least the time being they go up nightly
> > (http://www.trentm.com/python).  I don't know what Trent did to make that
> > happen, but he did it fairly quickly.  I doubt it would be hard to replicate
> > on the docs server.
>
> I couldn't let Trent have all the fun.
>
>     http://docs.python.org/dev/

Cool!  Thanks to Trent for sparking Neal, and thanks to Neal for
feeling the fire under our arses for getting this done.

> And hopefully of interest to many here:
>
>     http://docs.python.org/dev/results/
>
> These are the results of svn update, configure, build, test, install
> and the doc run.
> Run on the PSFs box and updated every 12 hours.  I currently have it
> send mail to me if there are any test failures.  I will probably
> update that to python-checkins or maybe even python-dev depending on
> what people think.  I'm not likely to be around much for the rest of
> the year, so I don't want to turn it on just yet.

python-checkins seems the most reasonable.  But I would have no
problem with it going to python-dev.

> The script should be updated to handle more types of failures.
> configure should probably specify CFLAGS of --std=c89 and maybe others
> too.

With the recent issues in the compiler not being C89 compatible that
would probably be good.

-Brett