[Python-Dev] status of development documentation

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 02:43:04 CET 2005

FWIW, test_builtin and test_pep263 both passed on WinXP in rev 39757.
That's the last revision before the AST branch was merged.

I can't build rev 39758 on WinXP (VC complains that pythoncore.vcproj
can't be loaded -- looks like it got checked in with unresolved SVN
conflict markers -- which isn't easy to do under SVN ;-( ), so don't
know about that.

The first revision at which Python built again was 39791 (23 Oct), and
test_builtin and test_pep263 both fail under that the same way they
fail today.

I'm darned near certain that we're not using the _intended_ parsing
code on Windows now -- PGEN is still #define'd when the "final"
parsing code is compiled into python25.dll.  Don't know how to fix
that (I don't understand it).