[Python-Dev] Automated Python testing (was Re: status of development documentation)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Sun Dec 25 23:09:43 CET 2005

On Sunday 25 December 2005 15:23, Brett Cannon wrote:
 > As in some machine I might personally have left on?  That would
 > require a static IP which I don't know how common that will be.  But

Only buildbot masters are required to have resolvable names (not necessarily
static, though it helps; dynamic DNS is fine if the name propogation to the
slaves is fast).  The slaves do not need to be reachable from the buildbot
master, since the slave is responsible for contacting the master.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>