[Python-Dev] a quit that actually quits

Adal Chiriliuc adal.chiriliuc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 23:43:54 CET 2005

Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> exit
'Use Ctrl-Z plus Return to exit.'

I've just tried Ctrl+Z (plus Return) and some variations on Win XP and
it doesn't work! Ctrl+D does.

Beside, it should be spelled Ctrl+Z and not Ctrl-Z (at least this is
the Windows way).

I think it's intuitive for exit/quit to exit the interactive
interpreter. That's what I did the first time I've tried Python.

In another one (I think CLISP, but I'm not sure) I couldn't figure
out how to exit.

And definatly in CLISP when trying simple things I always got stuck in
some kind or different error mode (with a different prompt). That's why
I gave up playing with it.