[Python-Dev] Python + Visual C++ 8.0?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 07:32:56 CET 2005

--- Adal Chiriliuc <adal.chiriliuc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then you need to run mt.exe to embedd the manifest:
> mt.exe /outputresource:"cctbx_math_ext.pyd;#2" /manifest
> cctbx_math_ext.pyd.manifest

That is the magic trick! After applying the mt command to all our extensions
most of our unit tests work even with the VC7.1 compiled Python. I am very
optimistic I can get all our tests to work with a few C++ adjustments (related
to the new way STL iterators are implemented). Thanks a lot! I could not have
figured this out myself in a million years.

Cheers,
        Ralf