[Python-Dev] Automated Python testing (was Re: status of development documentation)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Dec 28 17:43:04 CET 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> Someone sets up a "buildbot master"

That's what I now did:

http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/

I'm not quite sure on a number of concepts: should there
be multiple "slaves" per "builder"? Should I have multiple
factories? How should I pass build-machine specific information
(like: what compiler to use) in the master, or is that a slave
thing? How should I deal with branches?

Anyhow, I created two "builders", both with the same "slave",
on sparc-sun-solaris2.10, 32-bit mode, gcc. The "python-full"
builder does "svn export", whereas the "python-quick" builder
does "svn update". Each of these is associated with an
AnyBranchScheduler, for both 'trunk' and 'tags/release24-maint'.
Not sure whether this means that the 2.4 release branch
will ever be built (as the SVN steps have a defaultBranch of
"trunk").

If anybody wants to contribute additional builders, or has
ideas for organizing this all, please let me know.

Regards,
Martin